Wednesday, June 5, 2019

For Sale: Bach D Trumpet, Long Bell model

UPDATE: SOLD.

I bought this long bell Bach D trumpet just as you see it, maybe 25 or 30 years ago. It looks to be the Strad D180L, which I think is no longer made. Bore is .459". 239 bell. Lacquer. Serial number suggests 1981 or 1982 as a manufacture date. It came with the Amado water key and the two heavy bottom valve caps, and maybe someone did some custom work, too, because the tuning slide doesn't go in quite all the way. 

I love the way it plays. Used it last on Pulcinella Suite, and it was great. But at one time I had 11 trumpets that could play in D, 5 with valves and 6 without, and even I thought that that might have been excessive. I now have a Yamaha/Schilke Eb/D trumpet, so I just don't need this any more. It's one of seven trumpets that I've been meaning to sell for a decade, and when they're gone, I'll still have too many! Check back for more "For Sale" blogs in the near future.


$1,500.00, shipped to CONUS.

Contact: ray@raymondburkhart.com

Interested SoCal locals can come test it.





No comments:

Post a Comment