Saturday, May 9, 2015

Published: "Two Roman Motets" for brass quintet

My new arrangement for brass quintet, "Two Roman Motets," is now published by Premiere Press. You can view a performance of one of the motets here.


The brothers Fabio and Alessandro Costantini, long thought to have been born in the small Italian town of Staffolo, were prominent church composers in 17th-century Rome. After my thrilling week in Staffolo  playing, conducting, and teaching as part of Staffolo's 20th annual Music Festival in June 2014  I decided to honor Staffolo and my many new friends there by arranging and publishing an arrangement for brass quintet of two 17th-century motets, one by Fabio Costantini and one by Alessandro Costantini. The publication is dedicated to the conductor of the Staffolo Town Band, Maestro Samuele Faini. Each motet lasts about 2.5 minutes.

Elsewhere in this blog, you can read my posts about my 2014 Italian adventure, more about how I came to write Two Roman Motets and my new composition Ricordi d'Italia, and all about their world premieres in January 2015.

Enjoy!
Dr. Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment